How’s been your reading culture lately? Excellent? Average? Or tres mal? Readers are leaders is a very true saying you know. This is true because a leader always evolves, and knowledge has a very key part to play in the transformation.
So, here’s my list of 5 books every lady should read before marriage. There are more than 5 actually, but let’s start with these….
1. The Holy Bible: The oldest book with the most current news. The bible is both a story book and a mystery book. It’s divided into two parts – the Old and New Testament, and has been translated into many versions. The King James Version is somewhat “Shakespearean” yet powerful. However, I’ll advise you to check out “The Message” translation. It is wow!
2. Single with a Difference– This book written by Faith Oyedepo is a page turner. As its name suggests, the book is laden with strategies which can make a “superstar”, or “role model” out of any single.
I really love this book- it covers everything!- from your relationship with God, to money matters, to discovering purpose, to character and composure, to attracting the right partner and so much more! Do you want to be a lady different and unique from the pack? Then, this book is yours!
3. Understanding the Power and Purpose of Women– Want to discover what you were created for? Then, you should read this book by Dr. Myles Munroe of blessed memory.
It addresses questions such as: Are Women and Men Equal? How Is a Woman Unique from man? Is the woman to blame for the fall of mankind? What are the purpose and design of the woman? Are the women meant to be leaders? What is a Woman basic communication style? What are a womans emotional and sexual needs? What is a woman’s potential? You should read and re-read and re-read this book. You should!
4. What to do until love finds you– I’m sure by now you know of my love for this book! We did a series sometime ago with its title. This book is simply AH-MA-ZIN!!!! This book by Michelle Mckinney Hammond is a real page turner! When I first read this book some 3 years ago, a friend who was then in a relationship laughed at me when she saw the title. I laughed at her because she was ignorant of the depth of insights in the book. Trust me, even if you are in a relationship, this is a book you want to read.
See, a lot of people are enduring instead of enjoying their relationships because of lack of knowledge. Ignorance destroys. I encourage you to read this book, you’ll find out soon enough that it focuses on your growth-wholesomely. You may just become the world’s most-sought-after-woman after your read!
5. Lineage of Grace– Let me just start by saying that author Francine Rivers is a blessing to this generation. A huge blessing. Lineage of Grace is a five-part best-selling book. It is a novel on the women in the lineage of Jesus Christ.
Book one is titled, “Unveiled”, which tells the story of Tamar, Book one is titled “Unashamed”, and tells the story of Rahab, Book three which tells the story of Ruth is titled, “Unshaken”, Book four which is titled, “Unspoken” tells the story of Bathsheba, and Book five titled, “Unafraid”, tells the story of Mary.These were on the edge, they had courage, took risks, did the unexpected, lived daring lives and sometimes made huge mistakes! If these women were not “Superwomen”, I really don’t know what to term them. It’s a powerful book really, and a must read!
That’ll be all for today’s post. Expecting your feedbacks! :).
A Prima Donna invests in her growth; she does not subscribe to ignorance.